Our event venue is conveniently located in Frederick, MD and easily accessible via many forms of transportation. Read on to figure out your best option and we look forward to you joining us!
If you are driving to BFGcon you’ll find that it’s an easy drive. We are tucked right along I-270, just off of I-70 itself, and located near the Francis Scott Key Mall. Google Maps will directly take you to the venue, and there is ample free parking for both overnight and day-guests.
Commuter Train ?
Reaching the venue from the Monocacy MARC Station
- The Monocacy MARC Train station is conveniently located just behind a shopping center across a road from the venue.
- The walk from the train station to the venue takes just 19 minutes and is 0.9 miles.
- Or if you wish, you can take the Frederick TransIT bus route 20, which runs from the station to right in front of the Clarion and costs $1.50
Reaching the venue from Shady Grove Metro Station
- The closest DC Metro stop to Frederick is Shady Grove at the end of the Red Line.
- Option 1 – Commuter Bus
- The MTA runs a commuter bus from Shady Grove to the Monocacy MARC Station (see above)
- You will want Bus 505, and it will take approximately 32 minutes and cost $4.00.
- Please note that this bus ONLY runs on weekdays, so this is only an option if you are coming up on Thursday or Friday, and not heading back until Monday morning.
- Option 2 – Uber/Taxi
- You can, of course, get a Taxi or Uber from the Shady Grove metro station, and this will be your only choice for the weekend.
- It’s estimated that an Uber will cost ~$35-$40 for the one-way trip using Uber X.
Using the MARC Commuter Train
- You can take the Brunswick line of the MARC Train system to reach the Monocacy Station listed above, which originates at Union Station in DC.
- A trip from Union Station will cost $8.00, and take approximately 90 minutes.
- Again as a commuter train, this line only runs on weekdays and a different option would have to be used on Saturday or Sunday.
- Whether coming from DC or anywhere else in the world, Frederick has a Greyhound bus station downtown. It happens to coincide with the Frederick MARC station (different from the Monocacy one)
- However, the same Frederick TransIT bus line, Bus Route 20, will take you from the downtown MARC to the venue for $1.50
- For example, booking a Greyhound trip from Union Station in DC to Frederick, will cost you just $9.00, and take approximately 2.5hrs
There are three different airports you might choose to use to get to BFGcon, depending on the transportation you choose to take afterward (and what flights work best for you). We are located almost equidistant from Dulles International Airport (IAD) and Baltimore Washington International Airport (BWI) (about a 55-minute drive from either of them depending on traffic) if you are looking for the closest possible airport. From both of those however you will be looking at needing to use a car to get to BFGcon (renting, taxi, etc).
However, if you would be interested in not needing a car at all, you can consider flying into Reagan National Airport (DCA) which is in downtown Washington D.C. While farther away from the BFGcon venue, it’s located directly on the DC Metro System, allowing you to take the metro to the Shady Grove Station, and use the directions listed above from there.